Friday, May 24, 2013

"South of The Border": Fleet Feet Sports - Columbia, SC.

I took a short trip (1.5 hrs) down from Charlotte, NC to visit the Fleet Feet Sports Columbia, SC.  The state capitol is here and a zoo, neither of which I got to visit.  But I did have a great time hanging out with some really talented and inspiring staff at FF Columbia.


Fleet Feet Sports - Columbia, SC from Ben Hernandez on Vimeo.



A great way to recycle old shoes!
We talked about socks, the Columbia running community, great trail running nearby and they even gave me this great pint glass before I left!

And you know I couldn't leave Columbia w/o finding a cool place for a cup of coffee.  Thank you, Dan Matena, for the suggestion!
Drip in Columbia, SC

It's all single pour, people.  Single pour!!!

On the way to my next destination I got hit with an INSANE rain storm.  Every couple of miles I would pass another car that had slid off the road into either the center median or off to the right in a ditch.  But when it was all over I spotted this oasis in the wilderness:  SOUTH OF THE BORDER!!! Theme Park! Gift Shops!.....BMX Track!!??  Yes.
"You never sausage a place! You're always a weiner at Pedro's!!"  Another sign had a real, wrecked car mounted on it and said, "It's A Hit!"  I couldn't take a picture in time.


Yes, friends.  That is a Space Needle-sized sombrero tower. 

 Adios Carolina del Sur!

No comments:

Post a Comment