Monday, July 29, 2013

417 Union - Nashville, TN

417 Union

I was surprised to find this little gem in downtown Nashville.  Usually when there are restaurants in a city's downtown they're more often a chain or too commercial for my tastes.  This is not the case with 417 Union.  I walked about a mile from my hotel, through a cool little alley-way saw it wedged into a historic old building.  Stepping inside was like stepping back in time to a diner in the 40's or early 50's and not one of those fake 50's diners that hang framed posters of Marilyn Monroe or Elvis on the walls and dangle spinning 45rpm records from the ceiling.  This was an actual diner from that era or earlier and it doesn't look like it's changed much since then.  Great service staff!  I recommend the Omelette 417.

Stepping back in time at 417 Union.

No comments:

Post a Comment