Monday, July 15, 2013

California Trip Pt. 2 Central CA (hometown)

So, I spent the next part of the trip working from my hometown to prepare for the last part of the trip.  I did some trail running in my favorite National Park, ran a 10k race, and got a chance to re-explore my little town of Exeter, CA.

When folks out in NC hear that I'm from CA they always ask, "Northern or Southern?" And when I say, "Central", they looked confused.  As if a whole giant section of farmland and valley didn't exist.  


Main St. (actually Pine St.) Exeter, CA

on the way to some amazing trail running.

This little guy was not happy waking up to the sounds of us coming down the trail.  --Black Bear. Sequoia Nat'l Park

Indian grinding mortars.  Sequoia Nat'l Park

They don't make trees like this in NC.

post trail run.  Not happy with the altitude.  This is at about 7000 ft.

Sierra Subs.  One of the greatest sandwich shops known to man.  If you're ever up there I suggest the Mufaletta.  Three Rivers, CA
The crew at Sierra Subs.

My highschool auditorium.  I think this bldg is from 1910.  Exeter, CA

Again, not what people are thinking when I tell them I'm from CA.  This is on the way to my brother's furniture workshop.

Great little coffee house in Exeter.  It was my office during my time being home.
little alleyway.  Exeter, CA

In the 90's, to try to put our little town on the map, Exeter started commissioning murals throughout the downtown area.  There are dozens now.  You can see a complete album of them on my Facebook page.







This one represents an old car race through downtown back in the old days.  And the guy on the right, in the white coat is our neighbor!  He has one of those cars in his garage.

Highschool buddy, my sister and me.  4th of July 10k.  Exeter, CA



No comments:

Post a Comment